Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post #2

I've had this post drafted for a few days now but I've been too lazy to finish it up. Anyways, last Friday started slow but ended with strong. When I look back, I think of the song Get Low by Lil Jon. Probably only because it was playing at one point when I was driving that night but whatevs.

7:30 AM - Wake up.

9:00 AM - Work.

1:00 PM - Lunch.

1:?? PM - Back to work.

5:30 PM - Gym.

7:30 PM - Pearl Drops Tea House. Pearl Drops Tea House?! WHAAAAAA? So we finally went to Pearl Drops yesterday after Keith brought it up and my friend told me it was good. I have no idea why people say this place is expensive because it's roughly the same as Estea and Tea Works. Guess people like their cheap and dirty $3.00 night market bubble tea. Here is a pretty good review with pictures.

8:00 PM - A little bit too early for late night sushi so to Brentwood Mall it is. Brentwood has absolutely got to be the worst mall in Greater Vancouver, there's absolutely nothing there. Oh wait... I forgot about Kingsgate. Jeffrey inquires about the iPhone, Keith bitches about his plan, I feel indifferent. Whatever. Off to sushi we go, that was our main purpose tonight. We broke tradition by not going to Tomokazu *gasp* since Keith found a place called Toyama that seemed to be getting pretty good reviews on dinehere. One problem: it's in downtown. And you know what that means, parking is going to be a bitch.

Behold, the second worst mall in Greater Vancouver

9:00 PM - As usual, I find a parking spot right outside the restaurant and Jeffrey drives around looking for parking. Meanwhile, I find out Allan, Dennis, and Stuart haven't even left yet. I wandered around for a bit (because I am sure as hell not going to sit alone at a table for 7). Jeffrey eventually settles for a spot by Davies and Homer. I laughed. little did I know, his terrible parking would come to screw me over. I conceded. I walk into Toyama and sat alone at a table for 7.

9:20 PM - Everyone eventually arrives. Dinner consisted of Dennis getting a bunch of random fish dishes that he had to finish himself (salmon head, various grilled smelly fishes) and Keith getting his fill on mango pudding. Darren, who none of us know where he was all night, arrives after last call to make out with Keith.

Some hour and a half to two hours after I first sat down - We finally paid the bill and left. Oh look, it's pouring rain. Oh look, I parked just outside the restaurant. Oh look, I have to drive Jeffrey to his car. Fuck. Oh look, I thought Homer was west of Seymour. Double fuck.

Driving Jeffrey to his car in the pouring rain (he parked in Yaletown but the restaurant was at Robson and Seymour, typical)

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, when me, Amanzo and Eric are busy you guys substitute for Allan, Dennis and Stuart? Talk about your minor-leaguers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Allan and I go way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Allan's a good replacement. but the smelly-fish ordering Dennis? Uh uh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allan is totally not a good replacement. Not reliable at all. Stuart really? That guys a N.E.E.T. I'm surprise that you even got him to leave his house. Get better replacement.

    ReplyDelete