Sunday, October 25, 2009

Date: October 23, 2009, Location: Elsewhere

Last friday was Kimberly's birthday, the plan was to go out for Thai food, dessert, and then find somewhere to chill afterwards. I, on the other hand, had other plans. The guys were getting together and going for hot pot at Posh on the same night (for some odd reason, Allan picked the weekend closest to his birthday to get together). Short story made even shorter, I thought that we needed a blog presence there so I made the sacrifice and bailed out of Kim's birthday. We had Jeffrey and Keith there so we were fine, and I figured I would just meet up with them afterwards. I did feel more like hot pot anyway.

Zooming down the Granville Street Bridge and exiting at Fir, I found parking nearby at around 7:55 and got to Posh at 7:58. Just in time. I walk in, had a look around and didn't see anyone, am I at the wrong place? No, they were just sitting with their backs facing me. PEOPLE, WHEN YOU GET TO A RESTAURANT EARLY AND YOU'RE WAITING FOR OTHERS, SIT FACING THE DOOR.

As usual, there are stragglers who get there 5-10 minutes late but by 8:10 everyone was seated and dining commenced.

Hot pot is simple, four to a pot and eat as much as you can. Dennis and Allan, being losers and wannabe Japanese, wanted to meticulously roll every slice of beef into the pot. But I'm an impatient man - I want all my meat cooked at once and in a hurry. This method was much too inefficient for me so I took over.

WHABAM! Everything in at once, that's how you do it bitches.

Round 2? 3? 4? I can't remember. Oh shit, its overflowing.

Who the hell ordered instant noodle? (I think they call it ramen to trick you)

Sometimes, you realize how fine the line is between boring and entertaining. For example, watching paint dry - boring, watching beef cook - entertaining.

Watching beef cook:

BEFORE
(looks like someone is also taking pictures for a blog)

DURING

AFTER

AFTER AFTER

Yes, towards the end of the night your soup thickens into a really potent sludge because you stop adding water - even moreso if you ordered the udon. And I finally fixed the white balance in that final shot if you didn't notice.

I can't say I regretted skipping Kim's birthday dinner because hot pot was tons of fun. Not to mention Posh hires cute waitresses, they're like the Asian equivalent of Hooters. At the end of the night though, its really about the people. So here are some shots of everyone there.

Stuart, Dennis, Darren, Ern (Thanks for the shots Ern!)

Jose, Sunny, Allan

Yours Truly

Addendum: Just got around to installing Windows 7 yesterday.

Ooo... Pretty

1 comment:

  1. I don't think meat suppose to be coloured radioactive hot pink. Hope you're shitting bricks. Oh yeah, wheres the pics of your half hard boiled eggs!

    ReplyDelete